Wednesday, March 28, 2012

New Project!

The other day I promised some "before" pics of a new project...

A few months back, I found these wonderful little stools at an antique shop where I live. They were $10 each, and I just couldn't resist!

Please ignore the ugly green/brown tweed cushions in the background--they are awaiting reupholstering. *grin*

There were a total of three of the crossbars missing, but my wonderful brother-in-law, N, made some new ones for me! (they're the lighter ones in the picture below)


I plan on painting the legs (don't know what color yet) and recovering the seats. I also have not yet chosen fabric for the seats. It most likely will have some sort of red in it. (The fabric I chose for the ugly green cushions is a red and light tan/khaki pattern). So the bottom line is that I have no idea when I'll be posting the "after" pictures!!  I hope it's not too long from now...

I'm a little nervous about the project--I've never recovered anything, so I'm not too sure of what I'll be doing. I have, however, read several tutorials online, so maybe I'll be able to do a good job of it. I will not be reupholstering the ugly green cushions though. *grin* I'll be having those done professionally!

If any of you have ANY tips--please be kind enough to leave them in the comments!! I will definitely appreciate it!

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment