Saturday, September 15, 2012

Evolution of a Koi (Quilt)

It all began in February of this year--just an idea in my brain--Koi No. 1. It seems like it has taken forever, and that is probably because I have not worked on it continually since I cut the first piece of fabric. I'm a bit of a procrastinator! But the day has finally come that work on the koi quilt is complete! I just finished up stitching on the hanging sleeve, and I am SO HAPPY!! 

So I thought I'd do a photo montage of how it all came together for posterity (haha!). Without further ado, I give you the Evolution of a Koi (Quilt)...

colors chosen
body cut out

koi pinned on--ready to start the applique'
tail and fins
here, fishy, fishy--all
appliquéd on!
lily pad #1, check!
all applique' complete
little fishy eyes

scales begun
and scales done!
koi down...lilypads to go
lily pad done
quilt top completed!!
quilting progressing
yay! quilting finished!
binding complete--the front
binding complete--the back
Koi No. 1--hanging and ready to go!

Hope you enjoyed seeing my quilt from beginning to end. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment