Wednesday, September 12, 2012

All Done But the Binding...

Well folks, the quilting portion of this little exercise is DONE!! I do have to say I am very pleased with how it turned out. And on that note, I have to give at least a corner's worth of credit to my best friend Heather--she suggested an intersecting ripple pattern--which you can see in the upper right corner. I tried it yesterday and had to rip it out because it didn't look right. In fact, it looked TERRIBLE. But I tried again and woohoo! If at first you don't succeed, try, try again...and here is the result--(please, if you are an expert in water ripple patterns, do not comment on the unrealistic patterns...it is art, ya know *wink*)


So now I just have to bind the little sucker and it will be. all. done.!! *insert happy dance here*

Thanks Heather for the idea!

And thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I love how it looks. You have done a great job. You seriously didn't have to mention me! But thank you. I like the little ripples :). Can't wait to see it bound (or binded). Whatever the correct quilt term is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i did seriously have to mention you :)

    ReplyDelete