Well folks, the quilting portion of this little exercise is DONE!! I do have to say I am very pleased with how it turned out. And on that note, I have to give at least a corner's worth of credit to my best friend Heather--she suggested an intersecting ripple pattern--which you can see in the upper right corner. I tried it yesterday and had to rip it out because it didn't look right. In fact, it looked TERRIBLE. But I tried again and woohoo! If at first you don't succeed, try, try again...and here is the result--(please, if you are an expert in water ripple patterns, do not comment on the unrealistic patterns...it is art, ya know *wink*)
So now I just have to bind the little sucker and it will be. all. done.!! *insert happy dance here*
Thanks Heather for the idea!
And thanks for stopping by!