Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Isaac, Isaac, Isaac

Right now I'm sitting at home watching the Weather Channel (which by the way, really is amusing in an annoying sort of way) and listening to the rain. Waiting for the worst of Isaac to come and go (I guess). We're under a flash flood watch and I think a tornado watch right now.

But the good news is that I finally finished the embroidery on my koi quilt top. Now, the quilt show is October 5, 6, and 7--and I cannot find the fabric I bought to back the quilt. Apparently, it is with the majority of my kitchen utensils--wherever they disappeared to in the move. Bleh. Anyway, I've got a month to get this thing quilted together and bound. Think I can do it?? Let's hope so, because it's entered, and my fee is paid...

Here it is though...Koi No. 1...
I love it! I hope the judges and show-goers do, too...

The rain just picked up a bit. So far the wind has been pretty steady and not too bad (yet). Oh! The other good thing about being home for a hurricane is the cookies! *grin* I made some Rolo cookies I found on Pinterest the other day. They are delicious!! You can find the recipe here.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment