Thursday, February 23, 2012

My first post!!

Well. This is my very first post on my very first blog. To tell you the truth, I have NO idea what I'm doing! But I have been feeling particularly creative these days, so I thought I'd give it a shot.
So I've been working on a few things lately. I get my inspiration from others--blogs, Pinterest, Etsy, etc. 

Last weekend, I made a terrifically cute "happy flower decoration" that I found on one of my favorite blogs--Attic24. (Lucy is a FANTASTIC "happy hooker" as she calls herself. She has more creativity in her little finger than I have in my entire body I think. You have to check her out if you don't already follow her). 
Anyway, here is my version of her "happy flower decoration" (sorry about the fuzzy picture quality):
I have mine hanging in the window of my back door in the kitchen. It's a cheery thing to look at every morning! (And now I'm laughing at myself for the use of the "!" because I am not an excitable person--at least not usually).

The other project I've been working on is a crochet flower triptych that will hang in my guest bedroom above the bed. It, too, was inspired by someone more creative than I, and you can find the inspiration at Bunny Mummy's blog. 
I'm not quite finished with the project, but here's a preview...


I crocheted each flower, then mounted them onto water color paper with double sided craft tape (Scotch brand--got it at Wal-Mart). I had the 3 black matte boards cut to size at Hobby Lobby. Now all I need to do is spray paint the frames (which I got half price--also at Hobby Lobby). That will be a weekend project--as long as it doesn't rain all day Saturday. *fingerscrossed* If my luck holds, I'll have a pic of the finished triptych for you by Monday!

I hope that you'll come back and visit my little corner of the blogosphere. I can't promise that I'll have updates everyday...but I hope to keep things fairly up to date--which will mean that I have to stay busy crocheting and/or knitting! Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Happy Flower Teri, very sweet indeed. I had to laugh at the !!! comment, I am the opposite and am totally exclaimy all the time, i have to reign myself in when I write! YES! Tis true!!
    Lovely visiting with you...a very warm welcome to Blogland :o)
    Lucexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete