Saturday, June 9, 2012

Be gone, ya!

Actually, it's Begonia--as in the color of paint from Sherman Williams. And boy, is it bright!! My sister picked it out for my craft room, saying it (the craft room) needed to be bright and cheery. Cheery it will be! Take a peek...
The lower part will be Tiki Hut (a really pretty brown) with a chair rail separating the two...for now--it's blinding coming down the hallway!

My brother-in-law Nan also basically finished the 2nd bath today. He installed a glass block window one block at a time--there were no pre-fab ones that fit my window. He also installed the tub surround. I'm actually kind of jealous of this bath compared to my master bath!
Fancy Schmancy huh?? *grin* Nan did a GREAT job!!  Just some minor stuff to finish it up, then I can get to painting in there.

Speaking of bathrooms and painting, I have the top half of my bathroom completed. Just need to put the bottom half on Monday, and it will be ready for flooring! (and ready to put the toilet back in!!) If you can't tell from the picture below, the top half is a light grey, and the bottom half will be one shade darker and separated by a chair rail. My Aunt Ramona painted the window casing and sill today and the linen cabinet. She got started on the medicine cabinet and will finish it next week sometime. She also finished all the trim in my master!
 If you look closely, you can see the line of demarcation  next to the bottom of the linen cabinet.


And yes, that is the toilet sitting in the middle of my bedroom. Hopefully by Wednesday I will have indoor plumbing again! For the time being, we are making trips to my apartment and/or McDonalds for potty breaks!

As for my apartment, I have a living room full of boxes...so I guess I'd better spend some time after church tomorrow packing! I have not packed the first thing yet...anybody wanna come do that for me??? *grin* Just had to ask...

...then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...
but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Joshua 24:15


No comments:

Post a Comment