Sunday, May 20, 2012

New House!! (Before)

Well, well, well. It's been well over a month since I've posted anything. I'm a terrible blogger! My excuse(s)--I've been busy, and lazy. :)  But I have been busy working on buying a new (to me) house!  I'm so excited--even though it's going to take a good bit of work to get it all in order so I can move in.

Before I show you some before pics of the house, I thought I'd finally show you guys the after pic of my new cushions. Remember this ugly chair? (not the stools--the ugly green tweed chair in the background) Well, I had the cushions recovered, and they turned out wonderfully!!
I was going to change the wood--sand and stain it darker--but I think I'll just leave it as it is.

Now--to the house!
Now remember, these are ALL before pictures...as the updates continue, I will post new pictures.

For now, the house is *mostly* cleaned...spent all day--literally--cleaning, but still have some more to do. It was quite filthy...

the den

living/dining room

the hallway
the OH SO NASTY kitchen!
master bath--again, nasty. will have a new shower
master bedroom
the *very* green room--this will be my sewing/craft room
the guest room
the guest bath--love the floor, right? ha!
the library/office
the front entry hall, or, the foyer (insert snooty accent here)

So--that's my house! Next comes continued cleaning, then the painting begins. Then the flooring. Woohoo!! Can't wait to share some progress pics with you!

Thanks for stopping by...I promise it won't be long before I have another post. Promise!









No comments:

Post a Comment