Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Bear for Baby Duck

Long time no see! Once again, I probably get the award for World's Worst Blogger.

But today I have a special post. I've been busy the last couple of days working on a crochet bear for Baby Duck. Baby Duck is the 10 week old son of two of my friends. (And no--his name is not actually Duck, but since I didn't get permission from the parents, he shall be called Baby Duck. All of our friends will know who this precious baby is...)

I tried to match the colors in Baby Duck's room as closely as I could...hopefully they're pretty close!

Now, this is how far I got on the first pass (plus the arms and legs were made but not attached). However, on the first pass, I put the safety eyes in WAY too low, and he looked more like an alien than a bear. Trying hard to overcome my OCD tendencies, I decided to leave it as it was. It was a no go--after five minutes I couldn't take it anymore and had to unravel the whole thing to get the eyes out. (That's the good and the bad of safety eyes--good because your kids can't pull them out and choke on them, bad because they DON'T. COME. OUT!) So I started over, and here's the body...


Next I attached the arms and legs. As I started to attach the 2nd leg, I noticed that somehow I'd made it several rows longer than the other leg. Thankfully I only had to unravel a few rows to make it even with the other.

I didn't take any pictures of the nose portion of this operation before I attached it. But here is the completed bear! I love him!

I hope Baby Duck loves it!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment