Sunday, January 6, 2013

Quilts for My Nieces

Well I can finally post these pictures--it's after Christmas AND I finished them (finally!) [#1 I did wait too late to try to finish them...I just barely finished the quilting on the pink one on Christmas Eve...the binding I just finished today because, #2, last week I tried to cut my thumb off whilst chopping onions...opposable thumbs are a very useful thing when both are functional]

So, without further ado, here are the little lap quilts I made for E and R for Christmas this year.


The pink is R's and the purple is E's. Hard to see from this pic, but the pink has little white roses, and the purple has multicolor flower buttons. (R HATES buttons for some reason...so none on hers!!)

Here are some closer views of each...
 

I also made them each a fabric covered bulletin board for their school room (they're home-schooled by my sister). I hope to have a tutorial here in a day or two. But for now, here is a preview.


Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment