Saturday, December 15, 2012

Calavera Owl!

I am SO happy that I finally get to post about the calavera owl embroidery I made for my BFF Heather for Christmas!!! 

Heather loves owls. We both also like calavera (Day of the Dead skulls/sugar skulls). They are just so pretty to me--can't explain it.

So I decided to combine the two for Heather's Christmas gift! I hope that one day next week I can get the pattern together to put up on my Etsy site...when I do, I'll be sure to post the info here...


The finished product--framed in the embroidery hoop. There is a great tutorial from Polka and Bloom here. (I won't show you the back of mine--I didn't quite have the knack of it...nor did I use the hoop as a template for the backing...so it's not so pretty as it should be *grin*  But the tutorial is indeed awesome).

I used a split stitch to outline the owl, in red. There are some lazy daisy stitches, french knots, and of course old faithful--the back-stitch.

Close up of  le eye ball *grin* 

And a close up of le belly flower.
 
I really, really, really did want to keep this one for myself...so I guess one day I'll have to make one for my wall. Until then, I supposed I shall just have to admire the pictures I took of it.
 
Stay tuned for info on my Etsy shop. (I've yet to post anything for sale, and I've had it for, oh, about 8 months now?!?)

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment